Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE) is a Government Institution under the Ministry of Science, Education and Technilogy (MoEST) whose main function are:
- To design and develop Curricula for Pre- primary, Primary, Secondary, and Teacher Education levels.
- To design and develop learning materials including books for basic education, secondary education and in-service teachers.
- To conduct long and short courses on Curriculum related subjects.
- To carry out in-service teachers training for for efficient and effective implementation of curricula. The pre- service training of teachers is now governed by NACTE since 2014.
- To provide and oversee education quality assurance with regard to teaching methods, subject objectives and standards of teaching-learning materials.
- To provide technical advice to the Government through the Ministry responsible for education and to other stakeholders with the ultimate objective of providing quality education at all levels.
Last Updated on Friday, 28 October 2016 16:15