Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit at the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE) was established together with other units and departments when TIE implemented its reviewed organization structure in 2010.
1.1 ICT Vision
The vision of ICT Unit at TIE is “to have in place a well networked, effective and efficient ICT infrastructure and Systems capable of supporting TIE core functions and operations”.
1.2 ICT Mission
The mission of ICT Unit at TIE is “to install and maintain an effective and efficient ICT network infrastructure and Management Information Systems and use them to support cross cutting issues for administrative and academic activities at the institute”.
2. Functions of the Unit
The principal objective of the Unit is to manage, maintain and provide advice to the institute on all ICT related matters.
3. Structure of the Unit
The ICT Unit at TIE is currently run by three staff, the ICT Manger who is the head of the Unit, Principal System Administrator and Senior Computer Technician.
4. Work Plan
The unit have plans which are in line with TIE’s five years rolling strategic plan (2011-2016). The following are activities which have been completed
1. To redesign and update the website of the institute
2. Reinstallation of the TIE Local Area Network so to give all users access to the internet
3. To increase the bandwidth of the LAN so as to match the current TIE network user demand
4. To provide network infrastructure and other necessary equipment so as to support and sustain an online Postgraduate Diploma in Curriculum Design and Development run by the institute.
5. To conduct the ICT equipment need assessment, establish the gap and provide the necessary equipment to the institute LAN users.
For all issues concerning the ICT unit at the institute, please contact
Mr. Raphael A. Thomas,
The ICT Manager,
Tanzania Institute of Education
P. O. Box 35094
Dar es Salaam.
Telephone: Office: +255-22-2773005
Mobile: +255-754-584330; +255-718-722255