Human Resources and Administration Department
1. Organizational Structure of the Human Resources and Administration Department
2. Main Functions of the Department
- Playing advisory role to the Director General and heads of departments and units on matters pertaining to Human Resources Management and Administration.
- Provision of human resource management and administrative support services to all functional offices of the Institute.
- Dissemination of human resource information to internal as well as external stakeholders particularly with regard to vacancies, training opportunities and specialized projects.
- Development and implementation of human resource policies including recruitment, training, wages, schemes of service, staff regulations and plans for improvement of the terms and conditions of service.
- Human resource and strategic planning for continuous institutional development.
- Promotion of industrial harmony through sound communication and workers participation in workplace decision making processes.
- Handling of disciplinary matters in accordance with institutional as well as national labour laws, regulations and best practices applicable in the public service.
- Performance appraisal and reward management.