Finance and Accounts Unit
The Finance and Accounts unit is a service oriented unit within the organization under the office of the Director General. The unit serves all departments, units and sections in provision of accounting and financial supportive services in order to achieve their operational plans and objectives. The unit is as old as the institute.
Profile of the Unit
The Unit is head by the Chief Accountant assisted by the Senior Accountant, Senior Assistant Accountant and Accounts Assistant to provide room for proper segregation of duties on performance of accounting duties.
Functions of Finance and Accounts Unit
The Finance and Accounts Unit is responsible for:
• Advising the Director General on planning and management of financial matters of the institute,
• Daily accounting and financial operations,
• Collection, receipts and payments of all due of the institute,
• Maintenance of proper accounting records,
• Preparation of all financial and accounting reports,
• Establishing and maintaining workable systems for regular monitoring, evaluation of performance, quality and efficiency of all financial and accounting matters of the institute;
• Implementation of approved financial/accounting policies and procedures as issued by relevant authorities.
Annual Work Plan of the Unit
Apart from meeting the statutory reporting requirements and periodic reports, the work plan of the unit depends very much on implementing what departments, units and section plans to achieve.
TIE Audited Financial Statements
Audited Financial Statement for the year 2010/2011
Audited Financial Statement for the year 2011/2012
Statement of Income and Expenditure for the year 2012/2013
For all issues concerning Finance and Accounts unit please contact
The Chief Accountant
Tanzania Institute of Education
P. O. Box 35094
Dar es Salaam
Telephone: Office: +255-22-2773005
Mobile: +255 754 307 278, +255 655 307 278