Centre for Curriculum Training (CCT)
Centre for Curriculum Training (CCT) is one of the four academic departments of Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE). In July 2009 TIE reviewed its organization structure to match with roles and functions as stipulated in Act No. 13 of 1975 which established TIE. The major role of the CCT department is to develop and conduct training programmes focusing on improved teaching and learning in schools and teachers colleges as well as providing porfessional courses in curriculum design and development.
The functions of the Department are:
- Design , develop and review training programs for educational stakeholders and curriculum profesionals.
- Publicize and market various training programs for educationa stakeholders and curriculum professionals.
- Coordinate , monitor and supervise the implementation of training programs in design, development and implementation of the curricula.
- Conduct examination on various training programs and grant certificates, diplomas and other awards of the Tanzania Institute of Education.
- Provide consultancy service related to education and training programs in liaison with department responsible for consultancy.
- Carry out research and evaluation on education and training programs/projects in liaison with the Department responsible for research.
- Design, develop and review in-service training courses for teachers, Teacher College (T.C) tutors, school inspectors and other actors involved in the implementation of the curricula at different levels.
- Coordinate the implementation of in-service training programs for teachers, Teacher College (T.C) tutors, school inspectors and other actors involved in the supervision and implementation of the curricula at different levels.
- Carry out research and evaluation on the implementation of in-service training programs in liaison with department responsible for research.
Provide library services to TIE staff and the public.
3.0 The Structure of the Department
The Centre for Curriculum Training (CCT) has three main sections
3.1 Section of Contnuing Education (CE)
3.2 Section of In-service Training (IN-SET)
3.3. Section of Library Services, Documentation and database (LSDD)
3.4 CCT Department Organisation Structure
3.5 Functions of Continuing Education Section
- To design, develop, review and conduct training programs for curriculum professionals and educational stakeholders.
- Develop training policy and manuals for different training programs offered by Tanzania Institute of Education.
- To publicize and market training programs for curriculum professionals and educational stakeholders in collaboration with the Publicity and Marketing Unit.
- To conduct examinations and process certificates for different awards of Tanzania Institute Education.
- To conduct monitoring and evaluation of training programs for curriculum professionals and educational stakeholders.
- Provide consultancy services related to design, implementation and evaluation of training programs for curriculum professionals and educational stakeholders.
- Carry-out research and evaluation on areas related to professional training on curriculum design and development other academic departments at the institute.
3.6 Functions of INSET Section
- Designing, development and review INSET programmes offered by the Tanzania Institute of Education .
- Develop In-set training policy and manuals for orientation on effective curriculum implementation and supervision.
- Publicize and market In-set programmes for teachers and other stakeholders.
- Conduct In-set programmes for teachers, tutors, school inspectors and other stakeholders.
- Provide consultancy services and conduct research activities related to INSET for teachers and tutors in collaboration with other TIE departments.
3.7 Library, Documentation and Database
- Procure and acquire books, journals and other reading materials identified by user departments in collaboration with the Procurement, Logistics and Supplies Unit.
- Process electronic books, journals and other reading materials for library users.
- Document, retrieve and disseminate relevant electronic information to users.
- Store and care for library facilities documents and equipment.
- Train library users in the use of the electronic library and other resources.
- Network with other libraries locally regionally and internationally
4.0 Mode of Operation
There is an effective mode of operation which enhances effective functioning of the CCT department. Each of the three head of sections report directly to the director of the department who in turn, reports directly to the Director General of TIE.
In most cases the department utilizes its experts to organize, plan and initiated various training programmes in collaboration with other experts from other TIE academic departments. When need arises, the department employ experts from outside TIE to accomplish its crucial activities.